So after finishing the re-purposing aspect of this assignment, I embarked on the re-mediation. My ultimate goal was to make a BuzzFeed video. I spend a lot of my time on BuzzFeed, so I was pretty familiar with the look I was going for. I did, however, cite in my annotated bibliography one video in particular, which combined a lot of the elements I was aiming for.
I started crafting my video by going onto BuzzFeed’s SoundCloud account and finding the perfect song to underlay my video. Feeling optimistic, I worked on capturing video from the two episodes of Modern Family to use as my examples. Putting it all together was my greatest struggle; I hadn’t worked with iMovie since it updated, so it was a lot of just pressing buttons and experimenting.
After a lot of googling and youtube instructional videoing, I feel like I’ve put together a reputable BuzzFeed-esque video. But I will let you be the judge of that.